Friday, April 8, 2011

Victoria turns Nine

The upcoming weekend is unfortunately going to be full of 9 year olds eating KFC and running around the house. Victoria is having a sleepover for her party and that means a weekend of noise and sugar rushes. Over the past week I haven't done much in the way of painting because I really wasn't that interested.

My elder brother (who lives in Singpore)  had a stroke in his brain-stem a few days ago but remarkably survived. According to the doctors a stroke in the brain stem is 90% fatal.  He has recovered really well and is suffering from a small speech impairment coupled with a loss of balance.  It seems that the blockage or tear(?) cleared quickly but there is a 4 week waiting period where this could happen again.  I skyped my bro last night and he said he was bored and wanted to get back to work.  Both of my brothers have really stressful (yet well paying) jobs but Peter is the one who really hasn't been that health-focused. Maybe this will be a wake-up call for him.  He might have to think about moving back to NZ for the sake of his health.  It would be good having him back after living for so long in Singapore.

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap! I'm sorry to read about your brother's stroke. May he recover quickly and remain stable.

    Back in the 1990s, didn't you tell me that one of your brothers had retired in his 30s after helping to wire the Hong Kong telecom system? Am I misremembering?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the meantime, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO V!!

    ReplyDelete