Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Waitangi Day

The weather was supposed to be great for Waitangi Day but as I write the clouds are covering the sky as far as the eye can see and the city is basking in a balmy 11 degrees. Today's holiday jobs are going to be 1) Organising the basing of my British Command and finishing the first two of eight command figures. 2) Mowing the lawns. 3) Taking back my books to the university library. Althought he university library is a great source of material on my hobby, as an ex-student I only get limited borrowing time. Since I am generally busy, this means that the books that I borrow often lie unopened before I have to take them back. So it is goodbye to Mr Chandler's History of Napoleon's Campaigns and Mr Esdale's The Peninsular War.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Waitangi Day! May the Maori and the Pakeha eventually agree on the contents of the treaty!

    ReplyDelete