Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Playing with colours

My Father's Day church model was a snap together without glue affair. When finished, it was a really imposing model. Tonight, I got out my half forgotten paints to see what colour scheme it might have. I think it is modelled on some sort of Italian church.  Not ever having been to that part of the world myself, I have to fall back on my deep knowledge of NZ church architecture. I did actually attend church occasionally as a kid and I want this model to feel as cold and oppressive as the Anglican church next door to my old house.

In the second shot,  you can see a Revell American Revolutionary War figure a long way from home knocking on the door for spiritual guidance. Perhaps he speaks Italian.

2 comments:

  1. "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. But can he say that in Italian?

    ReplyDelete